Classes

04 November, 2010

Common Corrections - Niveau 4

These are mistakes I found commonly on the papers I corrected for the past internship, as well as introducing your partner.

I was in charge of handling ... reception, phone calls, e-mails, welcoming guests, etc.

Do not use mission - more commonly used words are: goals, tasks, jobs, assignments, projects.

There is a big problem with past continuous (or progressive) and past tense. Please try to study when each one is appropriate. You can review the grammar by clicking the link.

I have done an internship... I had an internship...
I has been in charge of... I was in charge of...

*Pay attention to the difference between for and during!*

I was working there for four months. During the first month, I only answered phone calls.

The project was for the Advertising Department. It was during this project that I became familiar with the advertising process, and the jobs of each employee in this department.

English rules

When using a number of 10, ten or less, write the number: one, two, three, etc.

If using the number suffixes, use them correctly: the 4th of July; It was December 3rd.; I worked there from the 1st of June to / until the 30th of August.

Vocabulary

city center center city, downtown, the heart of the city
persons people ex. There was one person in line. There were several people in line.

Punctuation

Here is a great link for a basic, quick explanation of how to use punctuation! YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment