- A handbag for men
- A new soda that tastes like Nutella
- Fashionable Sportswear for girls
- Cheeseburgers in a can
- Camera that only takes perfect pictures
- Wine Flavored toothpaste
- Dancing shoes - makes you a perfect dancer
The job of advertisers, no matter what the product, is to make the product look attractive. You must know the target audience of your product, who you are trying to sell to; and think of the types of things they are going to be interested in. You want to capture their interest, and convince them the new product is cool and worth buying.
Your presentation must address these area of the advertsing campaign.
- SLOGAN - catchphrase, motto, or tagline of your product.
- BUZZWORDS - developed from your brainstorm of what the product should be, these words generate interest and describe your product
- TARGET AUDIENCE - this is exactly who you are selling to; you should know their age, where they are from, what kind of interests they have
- MEDIA - these days there are all kinds of advertising campaigns that stretch beyong regular print media. Redbull has their car, that hands out free drinks and creates promotional events. Everyone has a Facebook fan page, maybe your website has a free download, discount, or application for iPhone and Android. Maybe you have a Twitter page from your spokesperson. You should consider what types of media you would use to get the word out about your awesome new product and why it would be effective.
- POSTERS - I expect at least 2 different ideas for what your product posters will look like. You can actually create the posters, or you can describe in detail what you would like them to look like. You can cut up magazines, organize a photo slideshow, or show examples of other advertsing you want your advertising to resemble. Explain why this is an effective marketing approach for your target audience.
- SUMMARY - Conclusion; it is a presentation, so remember its important to have a few short closing remarks.
This is an English class so you will be graded on your presentation and oral level of English, as well as graded on the outlined presentation I would like you to write/type out and hand in at the end of your presentation. Each English level has different expectations for grading, length of presentation, and length of written portion. Contact me with questions.